Cayman has been using paintbrushes this morning, pretending to paint. She followed me into the kitchen where she asked...
Cayman: Mommy can I have some water to paint with?
Me: No honey.
Cayman: Mommy, can you just leave?
Me: (with a huge grin on my face) Why do you want me to leave?
Cayman: Nothing Mommy. (long pause) Oh... sorry. (said with a big grin on HER face)
Following this conversation, I notice that the two kids have gotten cups of water and are cleaning coins with them and there is water ALL over the back window. Now, we have had many "discussions" about asking before we get water and keeping it in the kitchen unless Mommy or Daddy says otherwise. Needless to say, I firmly told both of them that they need to clean up the water and put the cups away. As the two of them are walking away into the kitchen, Cayman says to Braden: "I do not like her voice". Apparently she doesn't approve of my tone! Then as Braden was cleaning the water he had some serious comments about water: "Why can't we have water? It is just water! We need water! We need it to stay alive!" I think I have lost this battle!
On a totally different note, Braden has decided that he is going to entertain everyone with a performance at Cayman's birthday party. Now this is a legit, no joke ambition. He has practice time, and tries out all of his new "acts" on me. His latest is twirling 2 different scarves around because they are so "bee-u-tiful", as he puts it! Yes, my life is quite entertaining and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
This Morning....
Posted by Braden/Cayman at 7:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I love those kids - they are too funny! I only wish they were closer to entertain me as well :)
Post a Comment