Monday, June 11, 2007

Pond Study

We went for our Pond Study this morning at Finch Hollow. It was SO neat! All the kids were given nets and milk cartons to catch and store any creatures they found in the pond.




Braden was able to "catch" a huge tadpole! (The guide quickly slipped it in his net when he wasn't looking) Braden was SO excited about catching such a big tadpole. He kept giggling about it! He also caught some baby dragonflies, clams, shrimp, little tadpoles, strider (a bug that walks on the water) and a land snail.




We got to take everything that we found back to the building to get a better look at! Mr. Tasber, our guide, found a frog in the morning before we got there.




We got to take a better look at everything back inside the Finch Hollow building.

4 comments:

Brandi Ronneburger said...

A tadpole?! YUCK says Olivia! I hope it doesn't turn into a frog and you get warts!

Thanks for posting pics, I've been checking all day for some new ones. See you tomorrow!

KochisCorner said...

What a great experience!!! Where do you find all the neat stuff to do?
Braden, I love your curiosity and your exploring spirit. Good for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to take the "A's" on adventures like this. Their Mama is an avid frog catcher extraordinair! Hopefully they'll follow in my slimey footsteps! Way to be Braden! What fun!