Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Totally Random Quotes...

You will have to humor me on these. These are some of my favorite quotes and conversations that have occured in my home that I don't want to forget and thought you might enjoy too!

Braden- "Cayman, do you see the ship I built?"
Cayman-"Holy Pokes (smokes). Look at all the mean guys!"
Braden- "Yeah, it's good, huh?"
Cayman-"Yeah..."

On a different occasion, as I am bending down over Cayman getting her ready for a nap...
Cayman (in a whiney voice)- "I want hairs in my nose like you! When I get bigger, I'll have hairs in my nose?"

Braden, after taking a book titled The Battle of Gettysburg into the bathroom as reading material:
Braden (calling out from the bathroom) "Mom?"
Me-"Yes Braden?"
Braden-"I don't think I want to be a soldier anymore."
Me- "Why is that?"
Braden-"Because it says here that 23,000 soldiers died."
Me- feeling all gushy and proud over my 5 year old reading...
Braden- "So I think I will just grow up to be a train driver and pretzel maker and then just play soldier at home."
Me- quickly reminded how young he still is!!!

Braden and Cayman playing dog and owner in the backyard...
Braden (to Cayman)-"C'mon puppy!"
Cayman- "No Braden, call my Princess Puppy!"
Braden- "Ok, c'mon Princess Puppy."

Cayman (after singing a lively round of This Old Man)- "I know why he rolled home... he didn't have a car."

Me- "Braden, there is no reason that you cannot put your shoes away by yourself!"
Braden- "Mom... I want a Shoe Under. Then it would be so easy."
Me-"What on earth are you talking about?"
Brad later explains Braden saw the Shoe Under (a shoe storage that goes under the bed that would apparently make Braden's life a lot easier) on an infomercial while watching the Gators. Then a few days later...
Braden-"Mom, I am going to ask Santa for the Agents Lego Ship and the Shoe Under."

2 comments:

Josh, Laura, Kate, & Ben said...

I'm so glad you put these up! I love to hear what comes out of their mouths! (BTW - I'm gonna copy you format for my next post :)

Love you Princess puppy and you pretzel making train driver!

Kaley Ehret said...

Your kids are hilarious. And I'm so proud of you for documenting what they say!